NWSA ATTENDANCE RECOVERY POLICY AND OPTIONS FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS IN DANGER OF FAILURE DUE TO 10-DAY ABSENCE POLICY:
- NWSA ATTENDANCE RECOVERY POLICY
- Students who may be in danger of failing classes due to 10 absences can also take advantage of the following recovery times:
- Mr. Lawler: Wednesday, 7:50-8:35 (45 Minutes will recover one absence).
- Ms. Rowe: Students must contact her via email, firstname.lastname@example.org or, preferably, via Remind, @rec23nwsa, to recover absences either Tuesday or Thursday after school, 4:15-5:00pm. Other days and 4th block by appointment via Remind. Note, days are subject to change based on after school programs. Students must be picked up promptly at the front of the building by 5:00pm. Do not request an appointment if you have not confirmed your after school transportation first.
- Please contact Mrs. Rowe to set up the documentation process of recovery time. PowerSchool will not be adjusted to reflect class periods recovered.
- Seniors may complete recovery if they have late arrival or early release by staying an extra block with a teacher who gives them permission to do so during their planning period. Teachers should use the form on the Staff Canvas page to document recovery time.