Degrees and Certifications:
About HIckory Grove Elementary
We are committed to providing students with opportunities that will enable them to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners and productive citizens.
To inspire a positive school culture by addressing the social-emotional needs of every student and staff member in order to significantly improve student outcomes.
- Every student should be valued and staff should seek to understand their needs.
- Every student can and will learn, and it is worth our effort to ensure that learning occurs.
- High expectations are essential to our success.
- Together, staff, families, and students are responsible for students’ academic, social and behavioral success.
- Effective, accountable leaders attract and retain top talent leading to positive student outcomes.
- Every student is entitled to adequate, equitable opportunities, resources and services.
We fulfill our mission/vision by following through with our School Improvement Plan, which has a clear focus on two areas: culture and academics. In terms of culture, we make sure we keep our focus on building strong relationships as a school community. This includes our staff, parents/families, community members, and of course our students. Regarding academics, we align instruction to grade level standards and use multiple data points to drive our targeted instruction. We maintain high expectations and believe that our children deserve our best every day, no exceptions!