Attendance Information and Forms
If your child is absent or tardy, please email:
Please keep in mind that according to Charlotte Mecklenburg School Board Policy and the NC Compulsory Attendance Law (N.C.G.S § 115C‑378), parents and guardians are responsible for seeing that their children attend school each day that school is in session.
The following reasons are considered excuses for absences:
- Personal illness
- Medical appointments
- Death in family
- Religious holidays
- Educational Opportunity Absence Form
- When families take trips or other family-related events during the school year, a request for absence must be submitted to the principal 5 days in advance for the principal's approval. If not approved, the absences will be unexcused.
- The principal approves no more than 5 days a year for educational opportunities.
- CMS Approved Religious holidays (form must be submitted 5 days in advance)
- Court or Administrative Proceedings
Please note that all absences are considered unexcused unless the parent provides a written explanation for the absence. The school may request formal documentation from medical professionals should absences become excessive.
- No written excuse or email
- Missing the bus
- Car trouble