About Berewick Elementary School
Our vision is to become the first choice of education for our families- where all students, regardless of ethnicity or socioeconomic status, are engaged in a rich academic education in a family-oriented environment, which is focused on the needs of each child, to enable them to be college and career ready.MissionThe mission of Berewick Elementary School is to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to obtain success in college and future careers. We will lead students to take responsibility for their learning by providing them with a diversified curriculum and a safe and positive environment that fosters open-mindedness, character and creativity. Our end result will be students that are fully prepared to compete successfully in the global economy.
Bobcatstrong - Whatever it takes!
I am somebody special. What I do matters every day. I will be a better person at the end of this day by making a difference with my words and my actions.Our Core Values
- All children can learn with the right support and high expectations.
- Children learn best when they are actively engaged in a safe and caring environment. An environment that values diversity, risk-taking, and collaboration.
- All children deserve a quality education in which individual needs are met, exceeded, and supported through differentiated, data-driven instruction.
- That education is the foundation of a democratic society where all citizens are contributors to our shared future.
- That a positive behavior intervention support framework teaches and validates respectful, safe behavior for all
- Open communication between staff, students, and parents foster connections critical to the overall success of all students.
- We are a family that works together to bring about the success of all children at Berewick.
- That the collective is more powerful than the individual; we teach our students that collaboration, creativity, critical thinking are 21st century skills that are necessary for success.
- The community was officially named Berewick in 2002, a Scottish name (for an estate or hamlet). It is located in Southwest Charlotte, near the intersection of I-485 and Steele Creek Road.
- In November 2002, Mecklenburg County purchased 195 acres for a new district park and elementary school.
- Berewick offers several neighborhoods with single-family homes and Berewick Town Center, a pedestrian-friendly live/work center with 750 townhomes and apartments, offices, retail shops and restaurants.
- The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Board of Education approved the design contract for the new Dixie River in January 2008.
- The future Berewick District Park promises to be the largest planned district park in Mecklenburg County. 195 acres of soccer fields, ball fields, playgrounds and a dog park will be there for your enjoyment.
- On April 28, 2009, the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Board of Education approved the name Berewick Elementary.