Title IX Information
In compliance with the Office of Civil Rights (OCR) and Title IX directives, CMS has developed age-appropriate lessons for all K-12 students on the following topics:
- Students will be able to understand what bullying and harassment behavior is and identify when it happens.
- Students will be able to understand the consequences associated with bullying and harassment behaviors.
- Students will be provided with clear steps to take if they or others are experiencing bullying or harassment (notification and reporting).
- Students will be encouraged to report to trusted adults any bullying or harassment when it occurs.
- Students will be able to identify and utilize safe strategies for bystander intervention of bullying or harassment.
Parent may review grade level specific lessons at the following link:
- Grade 1 Lesson
- Grade 2 Lesson
- Grade 3 Lesson
- Grade 4 Lesson
- Grade 5 Lesson
- Grade 6 Lesson
- Grade 7 Lesson
- Grade 8 Lesson
- Grade 9 Lesson
- Grade 10 Lesson
- Grade 11 Lesson
- Grade 12 Lesson
Classroom teachers sent out information regarding these lessons and the "opt out" process today. Unless your child's classroom teacher receives the Opt Out Letter back by September 4, your child will be provided instruction based on the Title IX Compliance.
Below are the Parent Opt Out Letters: