Nurse's News & Info
From the Desk of the Nurse
To avoid catching the flu, get vaccinated each year and practice good hand hygiene. To avoid giving the flu to others, stay home when you are sick, cough or sneeze into tissues and discard them properly and wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
Flu symptoms may include:
- a 100 degree or higher fever or feeling feverish (not everyone with the flu has a fever)
- a cough and/or sore throat
- a runny or stuffy nose
- headaches and/or body aches
- nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea (most common in children)
Additional recommendations to avoid illness include:
- Encourage everyone to employ good hand washing before eating and throughout the day
- Avoid sharing cups or eating utensils with people who are sick
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don't have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow, not your hands
- Disinfect frequently touched arears
- Students and staff should remain at home if they are not feeling well, have a fever, vomiting or diarrhea
For additional questions, please contact the nurse at 980-343-6011.