Phone: 980 343-6007
Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. Glenn L. Starnes
Welcome to Harding University High School, Home of the Rams! I'm honored to serve as the newly appointed Principal and to be a part of a culture steeped in rich tradition and academic excellence.
Harding University High School, an accredited comprehensive high school in Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools, has several academic offerings including magnet programs such as:
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Middle Years Programme (MYP)
- Diploma Programme (DP)
- Computer Science, a Countywide Magnet
- Game Art Design Pathway
- Software Development Pathway
- Sports & Event Marketing Pathway
- Harding Institute of Technology, a Countywide Magnet
- Automotive Pathway
- Advanced Manufacturing Pathway
- Carpentry Pathway, in partnership with "The ROC"
It's no secret that Harding University High School has experienced its share of celebrations and challenges over the years from being ranked the 25th best school in the nation by Newsweek Magazine in 2005 to being categorized a Comprehensive School Improvement School (CSI) by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction (NCDPI) in the 2018-2019 school year.
Despite what can be read or even heard...we are committed to #ChangingTheNarrative. Yes, WE ARE BACK!
Our theme for the 2022-2023 school year is "The Return of the Rams" and our new motto is "Excellence is our Standard and Impact is our Promise".
In alignment with the CMS Goals and Guardrails, our work this year will be focused in three areas:
- Career, College, and Community Readiness, (or C3)
- Family Empowerment
Our partnership with our families, alumni, and greater community is an integral part of the success of Harding University High School. We encourage you to become involved, whether through our Parent-Teacher Student Association (PTSA), Athletic Booster Club, Band Booster Club, School Improvement Team (SIT), or one of the many committees or support groups aimed at improving our campus. Your feedback and support are essential to our continued improvement.
As we approach the new school year, I would like to you make you aware of some school happenings.
- Each Friday you will receive the Inside Harding U. This family newsletter will keep you informed of the school activities and reminders. The newsletter will be shared on our school website to reference at a later date.
- Student report time will be from 7:15AM – 2:15PM daily. Students will be considered tardy after 7:15AM.
- We will host quarterly Snacks with Starnes. This will give you an opportunity to hear about school improvement directly from me.
- Please follow and like us on all social media platforms such as FaceBook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- We will host New Student Orientation on August 15th from 5:30PM-8:00PM and August 16th from 11AM-2:00PM. All new students, including rising 9th graders are expected to attend one of these sessions.
I'm excited about the upcoming school year and look forward to shaping our return together and working with you and your student. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have issues or questions at firstname.lastname@example.org and 980.343.6007.
Thank you for choosing Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools.
Mr. Glenn Starnes, Principal