From Our School Registrar
We are so glad that you are going to become part of Coulwood STEM Academy. In order to do that, you must register your child with Charlotte-Mecklenburg schools.
Summer Registration Hours: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM or 1:00 PM - 4 PM
(Monday - Thursday)
HOURS OF OPERATION:
School Hours: 8:00 – 3:00
Registration Hours: 7:30 – 1:00
Counseling Hours: 8:30 – 11:30
Meetings & Conferences: By Appointment
Documents required for registration:
- Current lease/mortgage or Residency Affidavit
- Current utility or tax bill, bank statement or pay stub
- Picture ID
- Birth certificate
- Immunization records & and health assessment
Our registrar at Coulwood is available to register & withdraw students Monday-Friday. If you have any questions, you may call the registrar at 980-343-6090 or email Iris Ortega
Please click on the CMS Enrollment Process for the CMS Student Enrollment packet and a list of required items needed at the time of registration.
REQUESTS FOR STUDENT DOCUMENTATION
Historical Copies and withdrawal documentation is available to authorized recipients. Due to the high volume of requests we ask for 24 hours notice to complete this process for you. Thank you for your understanding please feel free to contact us at 980-343-6090 with any questions.
Tdap Vaccine for 6th graders
North Carolina state law requires that all 6th grade students receive a Tdap (tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis) booster dose of vaccine prior to the first day of school. We have many students who have not yet provided the school with a Certificate of Immunizations for this vaccine. If you took care of this requirement over the summer, please send in the necessary documentation as soon as possible. The state allows 30 days from the 1st day of school for all students to be in compliance, so please take care of this important matter immediately. After the 30th day of school (9/25), students who are not in compliance will not be allowed to attend school, per state law. Please contact your health care provider or the Mecklenburg County Health Dept. to schedule an appointment.
If you are transferring from another CMS school:
- Copy of last report card and withdrawal form from previous school
- Proof of residence - Please see the required items for proof of residence by clicking on the link above.
CMS requires that you now submit 3 proofs of Mecklenburg County residency when you are changing your address.
- You can use the link above to access the CMS required proofs of residence. We CAN NOT change your address unless you have all 3 proofs of residence at the time you are requesting an address change.
- All address changes must be completed in person.
- This policy may affect transportation to and from school for your child. Please be advised that you may have to provide transportation for your child temporarily.