Randolph Middle strives to develop young people into well-rounded students and model citizens of the world. A rigorous academic program meets the needs of all students, from at grade level performers to the most advanced. To complement academics, a variety of extracurricular activities help to broaden minds and support individual growth. A student population, which reflects the diversity of our city, enriches our learning culture and community.
- Enrollment = 1,150 students
- Authorized International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program (2006)
- Only Middle School offering the Horizons Program for the highly gifted
- Over 35% of students are part of the Talent Development Program
- Over 80% of students perform at or above grade level (level III, IV, V on North Carolina End of Grade)
International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program
The International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program emphasizes the learner profile and focuses on an intensive study of the core subjects through conceptual understanding and the Global Contexts:
- Identities and Relationships
- Fairness and Development
- Orientation in Space and Time
- Personal and Cultural Expression
- Scientific and Technical Innovation
- Globalization and Sustainability
As part of the Middle Years Program, all students participate in technology, art, and foreign language courses. Eighth graders complete a high school level foreign language course in Latin, French, or Spanish.