Our mission is to provide students with a strong academic and character-based foundation which will instill a desire to explore, lead, and serve in a global society.
Beverly Woods Elementary School is located in South Charlotte serving approximately 620 students. Our school has a rich history of success and is a long-standing pillar in the local community. Our strength is the amazing community of students, parents, and staff. Beverly Woods has also been designated a Paideia School which is integrated into our school through Paideia Seminars for students, staff, and parents. Beverly Woods strives to develop students who “Explore, Lead, and Serve.” Students are encouraged to satisfy their natural curiosities and are provided various leadership opportunities focused on serving their local community. In addition, Character Education is at the root of our work and is embedded into a daily morning circle, class lessons, PTA Character Education Lessons, and classroom guidance.
Beverly Woods Elementary is committed to maximizing student potential by meeting each student's individualized academic needs through the following:
- Providing differentiated instruction essential to meeting each student's individual needs.
- Modeling, teaching, and applying character education and social/emotional learning in our community.
- Fostering personal relationships amongst all stakeholders to build a caring school community.
- Developing problem-solving and critical thinking skills vital to success in our society.
- Valuing and incorporating educational research and innovative practices.
- Exploring and applying technology which is fundamental to the success of a 21st Century learner.