New-student enrollment is now open for the 2022-2023 school year.Registration hours are as follows:Monday - Thursday 8:30 a.m - 12:00 p.mYou can enroll now or help share the word! Do you have a younger child who will be starting school next year? Do you have family or friends who are moving to the area? Do you know families who are looking for a new school for a child?FAQ’s:
- Where is my neighborhood school? Enter your address here.
- How do I enroll?
- Where do I submit my application? Any CMS school, any learning community office or the Student Placement Office.
- What are my options? Explore our School Choice options here. You will need to submit an application in the lottery for a chance to attend these schools.
Documents needed to Enroll
- New Student Enrollment Form (for the current school year and future years) English | Spanish (opens in new tab)
- Birth Certificate or other Proof of Age and Legal Name
- Proofs of Mecklenburg County Residency
- Safe Schools Enrollment Declaration - English | Spanish (opens in new tab) (Required for students transferring into CMS)
- Current Immunization records (Complete record required by 1st day of school entry)
- Health Assessment - English | Spanish (opens in new tab) (All children entering NC public schools for the first time must submit proof of a health assessment within 30 days of the start of school.)
- Health Assessment and Immunization Requirements for School Attendance - English | Spanish (opens in new tab)
In compliance with North Carolina law students must be 5 years of age on or before August 31st to be considered for Kindergarten. Students applying for the Montessori schools Pre-K program must be 4 years of age on or before August 31st in order to be considered.
Immunization and Health Assessment Requirements
In compliance with North Carolina law, all children entering NC public schools for the first time must submit proof of a health assessment within 30 days. The health assessment must have been completed within 12 months prior to the date the child would have first been eligible for initial entry into the public schools. In addition, North Carolina law requires parents/guardian to present certification of immunizations (opens in new tab)on or before the first day of school entry. If documentation is not presented, parents and/or guardians have 30 calendar days to provide documentation or the student shall be excluded from school until proof is provided.
The mission of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools’ (CMS) International Center (opens in new tab)is to address the needs of culturally or linguistically diverse students, providing them with equal access to effective participation in the educational programs offered by the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools.