PRM Attendance Guidelines
There is strong evidence of a clear relationship between good attendance and school achievement. In addition to good attendance, it is important for students to arrive at school on time, and stay for the entire day. We encourage parents to make regular attendance and punctuality a high priority for their children.
- Only a combination of 4 unexcused late arrivals (after 9:15 am) or early dismissals (before 4:15 pm) are allowed each quarter.
- Sports, dance lessons, extra-curricular activities, tutoring sessions, etc. are not considered excused activities.
- Medical appointments are excused, and recurring appointments (such as therapy sessions) are excused with documentation.
- Absences are excused for very limited reasons: illness, medical appointment, religious observances, or death in the family.
- Use the Report a Student Absence button above to report student absences. Only submit this form. Do not call the school or send an email or text to your child's teacher. The form generates an email to Angela Rodriguez, data manager in the front office, which she will then forward to your child’s teacher. If you are not able to upload the doctor’s note or other documentation, you may send it to school when your child returns.
- Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools requires that parents will be sent a letter from the school after 3 unexcused absences, another letter after 6 unexcused absences, and a certified letter if the number of unexcused absences exceeds 10.
- At the principal's discretion and for very limited reasons, a student may have up to 5 days a year excused for "educational opportunity." Please see Angela Rodriguez for the form which must be turned in at least 5 days prior to the date in order to be considered.
If your child is absent
In CMS, absences from school are only considered excused for the following reasons: illness, medical appointment, religious observance, death in the family, or educational opportunity. If your child is absent, this form MUST be submitted to report your child’s absence(s): bit.ly/prmabsence or www.cmsk12.org/parkroadES and click on the green Report Absence(s) flag over the photos. Only submit this form. Do not need to call the school or send an email or text to your child’s teacher. The form generates an email to Angela Rodriguez, data manager in the front office, which she will then forward to your child’s teacher. If you are not able to upload the doctor’s note or other documentation, you may send it to school when your child returns.
www.cmsk12.org/parkroadES and click on the Report Absence(s) flag over the photos
If your child is ill
Please DO NOT send your child to school when he/she has a fever of 100.4 or above, cough, runny nose, or any other illness that would prevent him from remaining in class and participating in the usual activities. If your child has vomited or has had diarrhea within the past 24 hours, please keep him/her home for the day.
If your child becomes ill or is injured at school
The school will notify you in the event your child becomes ill, or is injured while at school. Please plan to pick your child up as soon as possible. If you cannot be reached, we will contact one of your designated emergency contacts listed on the blue- Emergency Location And Health Survey Card.