Park Road Montessori Transportation Information
Bus Riders: (Pre-K: Ivory Tags, K-6: Blue Tags)
- Lower and Upper Elementary bus riders will wear the enclosed blue information card the first 3 days of school. Primary bus riders will wear the enclosed ivory or blue information card the first 5 days of school. Please complete the information and tie the card loosely around the neck with a piece of yarn/string or secure it to your child’s bookbag. Bus stop information is on the sticker on the back of the card.
- If you have recently relocated, please contact the office to provide your proof of residency. Our secretary will enter the new information into PowerSchool. Then transportation will determine eligibility and a bus schedule will be given accordingly. Once a bus stop is assigned, your child will be given a boarding pass with all the necessary information. If you move during the school year, you must update your address and, if necessary, change bus stops. If you move, parents ARE NOT allowed to drive their child to the old bus stop.
- ALL students riding the bus should ride the first day of school. This helps bus drivers determine more accurate pick-up and drop-off times.
- Bus stop times are approximate. Students are expected to be at their bus stop 10 minutes before the given pick-up time. Expect morning and afternoon delays at the beginning of the year. As drivers become familiar with the routes and students, the schedules will be adjusted accordingly. Please be patient!
- Pre-K students will NOT be dropped off in the afternoon unless a parent or responsible designated adult is present at the bus stop. Please write the names on the back of the ivory card of authorized adults who may pick your child up in the afternoon.
- All students are expected to follow bus safety rules and procedures at all times when riding the bus.
- If you have any safety concerns about your child’s bus stop, or need to request an alternate stop, please log on to the CMS website. There is an electronic form you must complete. CMS Transportation Services
Car Riders: (Green Tags)
- Lower and Upper Elementary car riders will wear the enclosed green information card the first 3 days of school. Primary car riders will wear the enclosed green information card the first 5 days of school. Please complete the information and tie the card loosely around the neck with a piece of yarn/string or secure it to your child’s bookbag.
- Our car pool opens at 8:45 AM. Please do not drop-off students before that time. Staff members will greet you, get your child safely out of the car, and direct them into the building.
- Parents should only drop-off students in the carpool line located at the south side of the school building closest to the Park Road Shopping Center. Do not drop off any students in front of the school, or at any other unsupervised locations.
- Doors will close for morning drop-off at 9:10 AM so that our staff can report to their classroom by 9:15. If you arrive after 9:10, please park your car and accompany your child to the front door and ring the door bell and we will come and get your child. Do not drop your child off and have them walk into school alone.
- Please do not park your car in front of the school between 8:30 AM and 9:30 AM or 3:30 PM and 4:45 PM. This area is designated for our buses and we must be able to load and unload our children safely in this area. CMS law enforcement is authorized to ticket any car parked in this area during these times year round.
- In the afternoon, please remain in the car line to pick up your child. Do not park your car and come inside to take your child.
Walkers: (Orange/Red/Grey Tags)
- Only students that live within the designated school “walk zone” may walk with their children.
- Upper Elementary walkers will wear the orange information card the first 3 days of school. These can be picked up at open house along with a form that must be completed if your child is to walk/bike home unsupervised. Please complete the information and tie the card loosely around the neck with a piece of yarn/string or secure it to your child’s bookbag.
- Lower Elementary and Primary walkers will wear red information cards the first 5 days of school. Students that will walk/bicycle home with older siblings will wear a gray information card the first 5 days of school. These can be picked up at open house. Please complete the information and tie the card loosely around the neck with a piece of yarn/string or secure it to your child’s bookbag.
- Parents should be prepared to say goodbye to their child by the brick walkway at the entrance to the Peace Garden.
- Parents must be waiting at the Peace Garden at 4:05 when walkers are dismissed.
- If you bring your child by car for any reason, you must use the carpool to drop off your child.