School attendance is very important to us. Absences, late arrivals, and early dismissals all have an adverse impact on student learning and progress. Students are expected to be in school except in cases of emergency or for reasons explained in the codes below. With that in mind, parents and students are asked to place regular school attendance as a top priority during the school year.
- Illness or injuries which make the student physically unable to attend school
- Quarantine ordered by the State Board of Health
- Death in the immediate family
- Participation as a party under subpoena as a witness in a court proceeding
- Medical or dental appointment
- Religious observance in accordance with local school board policy
- Educational opportunity with the principal's prior approval
- Absence related to deployment activities - to allow the student to visit an active-duty parent/guardian of the uniformed services
To report your child's absence and the reason for that absence, please email our attendance secretary.