The instructional day begins at 8:15 a.m.
- Students can arrive at school as early as 7:45 a.m.
- Students cannot be left at school unsupervised before 7:45 a.m.
- Students must be in the classroom by 8:15 a.m.
- An adult must sign any student who arrives at school at or after 8:15 a.m. in the front office.
- It is not necessary to call the front office to report your child's absence. All absences need to be in writing, Dr. note, Report an Absence or email to email@example.com. Be sure to include the student's full name and date of absence(s). Send the absence note to the teacher upon your child's return to school.
The state of North Carolina will excuse the following absences:
- Student Illness/Injury
- Student Medical/Dental appointment
- Death in immediate family
- Religious Observance - CMS Approved. Submit the completed form to the office for the principal's signature.
- Educational Opportunity - Submit the completed form to the office for the principal's signature.