CTE (Career & Technical Education)
Purpose of CTE
Career and Technical Education programs allow students to explore a range of options for their future - inside and outside of the classroom. Through CTE, students can start their path toward a career that they are passionate about, while earning valuable experience, college credits and more. CTE is a unique opportunity for hands on learning - putting students at the center of the action and providing the skills and confidence needed to pursue career options, discover their passions and get on a path to success.
How can students learn and earn with CTE?
- Become a Career and Technical Education Concentrator: ACT Workkeys for Job Seekers Certification
- Industry Certifications: Adobe Academy (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.)
- National Technical Honor Society
- Career Technical Student Organizations (CTSOs): DECA
- The Mayor's Youth Employment Program (MYEP)
- CTE Internships
- Dual Enrollment at CPCC through NC Career & College Promise