Whitewater Middle School's Vision
Our students are creative revolutionaries who as critical thinkers and empathetic citizens, create solutions for a better world.
Facts about Whitewater Middle School
- Whitewater Middle School is a 54 classroom prototype which opened in 2009.
- Whitewater Middle School has several elementary feeders. The main two are Tuckasegee Elementary, and Whitewater Elementary.
- Whitewater Middle School serves a very diverse population of students.
- Whitewater Middle School has a STEM Magnet Program.
School Hours and Dismissal Procedures
- The hours of operation for Whitewater Middle are 9:15 am to 4:15 pm.
- Class begins promptly at 9:15am; therefore, students eating breakfast need to arrive by 8:45 to ensure being on time to class. The school office opens at 8:15 am and closes at 4:30 pm.
- Please know that students cannot be dropped off in the morning prior to 8:45 am.
- Additionally, students cannot have an early dismissal after 3:00 pm.
- It is extremely important that students arrive on time and remain throughout the school day.
- Any person picking up a student must be on the student's authorized car rider application form and show a picture ID.
- WE WILL NOT RELEASE CHILDREN TO ANY PERSON NOT ON THE AUTHORIZED PICK-UP LIST.
Whitewater Academy and Middle School are a part of a program called the Community Eligibility Provision Program. All students at Whitewater Middle School will be able to eat breakfast and lunch at NO CHARGE. Parents will not be required to complete any forms for their children to receive breakfast and lunch daily. Students are welcome to bring a lunch from home if it is desired. If a child has allergies or special dietary needs, please complete the appropriate paperwork with the school nurse to ensure his/her needs are met.