Are you a rising 9th grader or a high school student interested in…
- Growing as a global citizen?
- Learning about and acting on issues of global significance?
- Learning a new language or increasing your proficiency in a world language?
- Enhancing your college application?
- Learning about new cultures?
- Making new, long-lasting friendships locally and globally?
- Short- or long-term study abroad opportunities to complement your course of study in CMS?
- Gaining a new understanding of yourself and your strengths?
- Improving your adaptability?
- Building your confidence?
The CMS Study Abroad Office partners with local, national and international organizations to provide programs of study to meet individual student interests and needs. CMS does not place students abroad. Instead, our office provides guidance to families on finding and applying for study abroad programs and scholarship opportunities. Study abroad programs offer students the unique opportunity to increase their understanding of themselves and the world.
Our goal is to encourage CMS students to explore the interaction between world cultures, look at ways in which the "world" has an interconnected history, and study the languages of our global community. Understanding how cultures interact and influence each other is vital to the future success of our students, schools, community and nation.
The CMS Study Abroad Office works with study abroad agencies that the Council on Standards approves for International Educational Travel (CSIET). CSIET identifies reputable international youth exchange programs, provides leadership, and supports the exchange and educational communities.