Online enrollment is closed for the 2022-2023 school year. Please contact your home school for enrollment.
To begin the online enrollment process, first create an account with PowerSchool enrollment by following the enrollment link and selecting "Create Account." Next, enter your email address, name and phone number and create a password for your account. Important! Remember the email address and password associated with your account.
Gather Required Enrollment Documents
CMS requires a parent or guardian to provide the following documents to enroll:
- Certified Copy of Birth Certificate (Birth Certificate Requirement Form)
- Immunization Immunization Records
- Proof of Residency (View Acceptable Documents) Please note: if you cannot produce a current utility bill, a home or apartment lease contract will suffice until you can provide a current utility bill (required before starting school).
- Last Report Card / Unofficial Transcript (high school)
- Driver's License of Enrolling Parent/Guardian
- Submit Additional Documentation/Qualification Criteria for Pre-K Students (required to enroll in the free program)
- Social Security Card (Optional)
Please be sure to review the documents accepted for proof of residency and double-check that your child's immunization records are up to date and reflect all the requirements of the state of North Carolina, which may vary from other states/countries.
Once you have completed the online registration form and uploaded the required documents, you will see a confirmation page. However, enrollment is not completed until CMS district staff review and process the documentation.
CMS will process new student registrations in the order they are received. Parents will receive an assignment letter once enrollment has been processed and is complete.
Student Placement Team
Spaugh Administrative Center
1901 Herbert Spaugh Lane
Charlotte, NC 28208
Customer Service Hours
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.