CMS District Surveys
The Charlotte-Mecklenburg School district has open surveys. The data gathered will help schools make improvements in several areas, so we strongly encourage you to participate. Our current surveys include:
Community Engagement Survey:
Lend your voice to the search for Charlotte-Mecklenburg School's next superintendent.
CMS 2023-24 Calendar Survey:
The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Board of Education will vote on the academic calendar for the 2023-2024 school year on Wednesday, Nov. 9. We appreciate the input of all stakeholders as the superintendent prepares to make his recommendation to the Board. The calendar survey closed Oct. 26.
- The calendar committee convened multiple times and developed two calendars that meet the following requirements:
- Instructional days may not start prior to the Monday closest to Aug. 26
- Instructional days may not end after the Friday closest to June 11
- Must have a total of 215 days
- Must have 185 instructional days or 1,025 instructional hours minimum
- Instructional days must be six hours, a minimum of 171 days (1,025 hours)
- Must include 10 annual leave days (days instructional staff can take vacation leave)
- Must include 11 holidays
- The committee was asked to build in six extra days to allow for early release and waived makeup days