School Improvement Plans
Interactive NCStar reports are available IndiStar.org in real time. You can review a list of all CMS School Improvement Plans using the code below.
1) Log into Indistar or use the Log in logo (to the right)
2) Enter the information below in the two fields.
3) Select "Choose School to View" at the top right of the page.
4) Select your school from the pulldown listing.
5) To view another school, simply return to "Choose School to View"
View a Full List
CMS Master Password
All schools are listed alphabetically.
IndiStar and NCStar
NCStar is a web-based tool that guides a district or School Improvement Team in charting its improvement and managing the continuous improvement process. It is NOT a traditional school improvement plan. NCStar is powered by Indistar, the national platform (which is why the names NCStar and Indistar are often used interchangeably) that guides high-quality work by schools or district leadership teams with built-in flexibility to set direction, personalized to the needs of the team.
Platform Navigation and School Improvement Plan Updates
For a brief overview of navigating the NCStar platform, view directions. Please note, schools will make updates to their plans throughout the year to highlight progress towards their goals.
What Are School Improvement Plans?
School improvement planning provides a mechanism for identifying needs and establishing a common approach to meeting those needs at the school level. Effective school improvement planning contributes to overall school performance by:
- Establishing an understanding of the “big picture” of a school's current state, including student achievement, school environment, teacher community, parent community, and administrative issues
- Reaching consensus across the school community on which needs represent the highest priorities for action based upon the potential to improve overall student and school performance
- Identifying for implementation objectives and tasks, including specific targets, effective practices and milestones required to address the school priorities