Applying for PRE-K
The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool is a comprehensive, research-based curriculum that features exploration and discovery as a way of learning. The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool is fully aligned with North Carolina Early Learning Standards.
Using exploration and discovery as a way of learning, The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool enables children to develop confidence, creativity, and lifelong critical thinking skills.
The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool:
- Based on 38 objectives for development and learning, which now show the seamless progression of learning and development across the early childhood years, in every area critical to children's future success.
- Offers daily opportunities to individualize instruction, helping teachers meet the needs of every type of learner.
- Addresses the important areas of learning, from social-emotional to math, technology and the arts, and incorporates them every day.
- Offers daily, built-in opportunities for observation, helping teachers and administrators see the strong relationship between curriculum and assessment.
- Offers complete support for working with English- and dual-language learners, including detailed guidance that helps to build teachers' knowledge about best practices.
- Contains guidance for working with all learners, including advanced learners and children with disabilities.
CMS Pre-K programs provide a rich, child-centered, literacy-focused program that incorporates and encourages regular parent involvement.
- Home Visits
- Parent Orientation
- Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Classroom Visits
- Parent Workshops and Training
- Family Reading program
Bright Beginnings Program
Bright Beginnings Pre-K serves 3,240 eligible four-year-old students in 57 Charlotte Mecklenburg elementary schools. Eligibility for participation in the Bright Beginnings program is determined through a screening process. Children who demonstrate the greatest need are placed first. The placement process continues until all spaces are filled.
North Carolina Pre-K Program
NC Pre-K serves an additional 1,482 children in 29 high-quality, community-based childcare centers. Eligibility for NC Pre-K is based on family size, gross income, and other qualifying indicators.