Teach at CMS
At Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (CMS), we are looking for bright, energetic, motivated, and dedicated teachers. We want individuals who will inspire leaders in and out of the classroom, raise achievement for every student, and never settle with the status quo. We want teachers that students will remember and talk about for years to come.
Why is CMS one of the best school districts in America for teachers?
- We are a nationally recognized leader in academic achievement and instructional programs.
- We have a small-district feel even though we have over 181 schools.
- We are a diverse district with students from 184 different countries.
- We offer teachers a wide range of instructional environments, including traditional schools, magnet programs, and career and technical education (CTE) programs.
- We are supported by parents and the broader community. We have over 41,000 volunteers at CMS.
- We have a 1:1 student/technology ratio and are a leading district integrating digital learning and teaching.
- We offer our 140,000+ students the best education they deserve. The four-year cohort graduation rate at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools is 84.1%.
- We have the largest and most established Teacher Leadership Pathway in North Carolina, allowing high impact teachers to earn up to $18,250 more per year as an instructional leader.
Tour our Schools
Our great city has a lot to offer, such as concerts, sporting events, festivals, shopping, restaurants and outdoor activities. We would like you to come to Charlotte, see our schools and get to know our students and staff along with the culture of our district. If you are a licensed candidate interested in scheduling a micro-tour, email us at email@example.com with dates and schools you are interested in seeing. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Beginning Teacher Development and Support
Teacher Loan Forgiveness
Teacher-Leader Pathway Talent Pool