Albemarle Road Middle School Uniform Policy
A school uniform policy helps us create the safest possible environment for our students. Please help us by ensuring that your child is adhering to our uniform guidelines, which are required for all enrolled students upon entry to Albemarle Road Middle School. Upon new enrollment during the school year, a student will have 3 school days in which to comply with the dress code. By the 4th day, the student must comply.
Each student’s uniform must fit properly, not to exceed one (1) size beyond the correct size.
Students are expected to wear shirts that fit properly (not exceed one size above/below the correct size), and may not be modified in any way (i.e. - no rips, holes, removed sleeves, cropped bottoms, etc.). Students are expected to wear navy blue or white shirts either short or long sleeved, with collars. Shirts may not bear any insignias, slogans, pictures, diagrams, or any other adornment or writing. Only white tee shirts can be worn underneath the uniform shirt.
- No graphics, no patterns, no logos, no stripes, no writing.
- No tank tops, no camisole tops, no see through or holey tops.
- Undergarments should not be visible through tops.
Students are expected to wear pants, shorts, skirts, skorts, or capris. Bottom wear must be worn at the waistline. Uniform compliant dresses are also permitted.
Students are expected to wear closed-toe shoes that are secured to foot heels.
Sweatshirts, sweaters, and jackets/coats (without hoods) may be worn with a uniform compliant top. If a student wishes to wear something over his or her uniform shirt, they may wear navy blue or white crewneck sweaters or sweatshirts. Hoods, logos/writing, and designs are unacceptable.
- No denim, jeans, jeggings, polyester/spandex clothing, athletic shorts/pants, or wind suits; skirts with slits (long or short), sagging,bagging, dragging, or excessively tight clothing
- No hoodies
- No flip-flops, bedroom slippers, shower shoes, stilettos, or slides
- No “Grills”
- No hats, “do-rags”, bandanas, hair rollers, scarves, combs, picks, or brushes
Abusive, suggestive or profane language, symbols of illegal drugs, or any words, symbols or slogans that disrupt the learning environment may not be worn on clothing or jewelry. The administration reserves the right to prohibit a particular item of clothing or accessory if it is not specifically covered by this policy but is deemed to cause sufficient concerns regarding the appropriateness for school.
UNIFORM VIOLATION CONSEQUENCES
- 1st offense = Verbal Warning; email/letter home
- 2nd offense = Lunch Detention; Parent Contact
- 3rd offense = After-School Detention; parent contact
- 4th offense = In-School Suspension; Parent Contact
- 5th offense and subsequent = One (1) day out of school suspension; Parent Contact.