How to Apply
Here are the steps to apply to the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (CMS) Pre-K Program:
- Complete the CMS Pre-K online application and create a family dashboard and add a child
- On the application site, select "CLICK HERE to complete an application" and follow the directions.
- Upload all required documents to your dashboard
- You will receive an email to schedule your child's developmental screening
- Check your family dashboard for your child's status.
In addition to the directions above, the following documents are required to enroll your child
Required Documents for Enrollment
1. Proof of date of birth and legal name
2. Proof of ALL current household income
3. Current proof of Mecklenburg County residency
4. Current Immunization Record (Required on or before the first day of school)
5. Current Health Assessment (Completed within 12 months of the first day school)