Research, Evaluation & Analytics
The Research, Evaluation and Analytics (REA) Department conducts and reviews research and evaluation studies, performs data analyses and creates visualizations that support district decision-making. Also, REA consults with internal and external parties on research methodology, data analyses, and best practices in education. Specifically, REA
- Research and evaluation studies to inform district decision-making about the efficacy of programs and initiatives designed to increase and support student achievement.
- External research project reviews, proposed by university faculty, graduate students, and other professional entities, ensure sound methodology, ethical practices, and potential benefit to CMS.
- Collaboration with community partners and internal partners to review and provide education and guidance on proposed data use and analysis.
- Designing and administering surveys to collect feedback from stakeholders.
- Education data analysis and creates summaries and visualizations.
- Researching and writing the annual "Breaking the Link" report.
- Partnering with the READS Lab at Harvard University to improve teaching and learning in early literacy.