Board of Education Calendar
The Board of Education holds regular monthly meetings, open to the public, on the second and fourth Tuesdays, unless indicated otherwise. Meetings are held at the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Government Center, 600 East Fourth Street, Charlotte, NC 28202, unless indicated otherwise on the meeting schedule.
Closed Session: The Board meets in closed session in room CH-14 of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Government Center at 4:00pm before each regular Board meeting, unless otherwise stated.
Regular Session: The Board meets in regular session beginning at 6 p.m. in the Chamber Room of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Government Center unless otherwise noted.
Public comments are scheduled for the first regular meeting of the month. Public Hearings may be held as necessary at any meeting of the Board. Speakers must attend the meeting in person to be eligible to speak.
To be eligible to speak, speakers must register with the Board Clerk using one of the following methods:
- By telephone at 980-343-5139, no later than 12:00 pm on the day of the meeting
- By email no later than 12:00 pm on the day of the meeting
The procedures for public comments are as follows:
- The time afforded to each speaker will be set prior to the meeting by the Board Chair based on the number of speakers and/or the length of the Board’s agenda
- Speakers must sign up for themselves
- Speakers may address any topic of their choice, provided that personal or individual matters may not be discussed
- Speakers are not permitted to read statements from another individual(s)
- No personal or individual matters may be discussed
- No personal attacks on any individual are permitted
- No profane or similarly inappropriate language is permitted to be used
2024 Schedule for Board Hearings: Board Hearings are held on the Second and Fourth Thursday of each month at 9:30am unless otherwise noted. To see dates and times for upcoming Board Hearings, click here.